7 DAYS JAMIE OLIVER CHALLENGE: DAY 2 WITH SESAME BUTTERFLIED CHICKEN

Hi there!

Welcome to my day 2 of 7 DAYS JAMIE OLIVER CHALLENGE. 


Today, I am gonna recook Jamie's recipe that highlighting chicken. Jamie himself has many chicken recipe that only need less than 20 minutes cooking time. So I guess, it would be so helpful for us, a working at home mom with tons of workload to do, rite?

Lemme show you first, the recipe that I am gonna recook today.



So today, I chose this one because I have chicken fillet on my freezer. That's all hahaha. Yeah, at least I have the main ingredient rite? Then when I see the recipe, okay, the other ingredients are quite easy to find nearby or at least, I can find the substitution easily too. And it's lunch time anyway. We need some heavy stuff haha.

Okay let's start cooking. This is my adaptation to this recipe. The original recipe required groundnut oil and sugar snap peas. I don't have any of that, and cannot find those two at any store nearby. So let's skip to move on.


SESAME BUTTERFLIED CHICKEN
Recipe: Jamie Oliver
Recook: Bunga Rosvita




Ingredients:
Half pair of chicken breast, divide it into 2 pcs. 
Salt and paper (or blackpepper if you got one)
Groundnut oil (I skip)
1/8 Cabbage, shredded
200 gr sugar snap peas, shredded (I skip)
1 Chili, thinly cut
2 spring onions, thinly cut
1 lemon
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs peanut butter (I don't have any, so I use bumbu pecel hehe)
2 tbs yogurt (I use Greek yogurt)
2 cm ginger, finely grated
2 tsp sesame seed
1 pack rice noodle (I use corn noodle aka bihun)


How to cook:

1. The Chicken
Take the chicken breast and give some salt and pepper (and groundnut oil if you have) then rub it all over. 
In a hot pan, cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked through. Then slice it. Let it rest.
Toast the sesame seed on the hot pan until a bit golden. Spread it on the chicken.



2. The noodle
Blanch it with hot water until a bit tender and rinse it. 

3. The Coleslaw
Take the shredded cabbage and mix it with chili, peas if you have some, spring onions, and pour some lemon juice and soy sauce. Set aside.


4. The Sauce
Mix yogurt, peanut butter and lemon juice well and do a taste test. I use a traditional peanut butter called sambel pecel which actually has some herbs inside. And the sauce taste soooo good!



How do I eat it?

I end up mixing the noodle with the sauce to get some taste variation. And then eat it together in one spoon with the Coleslaw and chicken. It tastes great!

Refreshing and different haha. Even I use our traditional peanut butter, but the taste is far from our Indonesian food. I feel strange but I like it. I love trying new things, new taste like this. 

And guess what, it is perfect for lunch since it's fresh, sour, savoury, slightly sweet and there's also a pinch of spice inside. Nano nano if I may say in Indonesian. 

Perfect for a hot sunny day like today, and perfect for us who have been trapped with everything coconut milk food since couple days ago hahaha. 

Oya, Jamie stated that this recipe need 18 minutes to get done. I end up spend a bit more, around 20-25 mins to get the chicken well done. Maybe next time I need to slice thinner hahaha.


Have a great Sunday, you guys!
See you tomorrow for our day 3 challenge!



Komentar

Postingan Populer