7 DAYS JAMIE OLIVER CHALLENGE: DAY 3 WITH SUPER SPINACH PANCAKE

Yay, it is day 3!

Am I still able to do this? Hahaha. I've been asking my self that question since last nite cause it is a very hectic week. I don't even know why am I doing this in the first place hahahaha. I do pick the wrong timing I guess. But here I am. Ready to recook the third recipe from Jamie Oliver. 

Today, my pick goes to Jamie Oliver's Super Spinach Pancake. 

1. This menu is soooo easy haha. And I have those ingredients on my pantry, except avocado. 

2. I need a veggie easy breakfast menu for a hectic day.

3. My kids looooove pancake!

Enuf said haha.


That picture above is the original Jamie Oliver's Super Spinach Pancake. Of course I made some adjustments, just to make everything easier for me. Not to change the original recipe, but just to make it possible to be done today, in my kitchen situation.

Let's start cooking!


SUPER SPINACH PANCAKE

Recipe: Jamie Oliver

Recook: Bunga Rosvita


Ingredients:

1 ripe avocado (I skipped)

350 g mixed-colour cherry tomatoes (I got only the red one haha)

100 g baby spinach (I use local spinach)

3 spring onions, chopped

½ a bunch of fresh coriander , (15g)

1 lime (I use lemon)

extra virgin olive oil (I skipped too)

1 large free-range egg

1 mug of self-raising flour (I use all purpose flour)

1 mug of milk

olive oil

300 g cottage cheese (I use greek yogurt)

hot chilli sauce


How to make it:

Blend egg, spinach, flour and milk together. Add some salt. Pour in a hot pan as you make pancake till its done. 

If you are using avocado, peel and slice as thin as you like and pour it with squeeze of lime/lemon to keep the color green.

For my version, I also made a sunny side up to complete the meal.

Let's plate it now. 

Take 1 pancake, pour some yogurt, add the tomato, spring onions, avocado if you have one, the sunny side up, and coriander leaves. I finish it with a squeeze of lemon and you can add chili sauce if you like.


It was yummy!

As I thought before, the kids loving it so much! So happy to see their faces looking curious about this green pancake and eat it well. I guess I will be making this pancake more often with many variation on the toppings. 

It is done in less than 15 minutes. And so perfect for breakfast, cause it taste light but it is actually brought many goodness inside.

Protein, veggie, fruit, dairy, you name it!

Yay, new recipe completed!


At the end of the week, I will ask my kids which menu they like the most, just for fun of course. Thanks for reading and see you tomorrow!






Komentar

Postingan Populer