7 DAYS JAMIE OLIVER CHALLENGE: DAY 4 WITH GNARLY PEANUT CHICKEN

Day 4 is here!


I am on the way to my mother's and mother's in law house today. The longest road trip we ever had for the last year. Yup, this is the first time we are gonna meet the parents during the pandemic. 

Before going, we did our swab to make sure we are healthy and hopefully didn't bring any viruses to our parents' house. 

Please don't judge. We have been trying not to go anywhere, but my mom was sick and hospitalized few weeks ago and my father in law isn't in a very best condition, so we decided to visit them for a while with the health protocol, of course. Hopefully we can make them happy again and bring joy plus health to them. 

Anyway, on this day 4, I choose another chicken recipe from Jamie Oliver. I feel like it's very simple and again, I've got the ingredients at home. Adjustment? Of course I did hahaha. Don't get me wrong, it's just a simple adjustment that is possible to do for you guys who live here. So this Jamie Oliver's recipe that I am gonna recook today. 



The recipe stated that it is only need 12 minutes to make this menu. Perfect for us who are in a hurry. I do make some adjustments. As you know from my former articles that I don't have any peanut butter on my fridge. So I change the peanut butter with a traditional version of peanut butter: Bumbu Pecel.

And since bumbu pecel is already contain some ingredients including chili, lime leaves, etc, so it will be a super easy recipe to do!


GNARLY PEANUT CHICKEN

Recipe: Jamie Oliver

Recook: Bungarosvita



Ingredients

  • 2 x 120 g free-range skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 limes
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 2 heaped tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1-2 fresh red chillies

----
My version using only chicken breast, garlic powder and bumbu pecel. 
----

How to cook:
Criss cross the chicken, and rub it with salt, pepper and garlic powder. 
Preheat the grill (I use flat pan), cook the chicken until it's changing its color or half cook.

If you use Jamie Oliver's original recipe, you can mix the peanut butter with lime juice, lime zest and chillies. 
I make an adjustment by using only lemon juice and bumbu pecel, mix them well.
Spoon the bumbu pecel on the chicken and grill again until a bit gnarly and cooked perfectly.
Plate it with some lemon juice, lemon zest and some coriander leaves. 
Enjoy!


I spent yes, around 12-15 minutes trying to make the chicken all cooked through.

What about the taste?
I like it!

I don't know why I have never tried to mix chicken with bumbu pecel which has rich flavour because we use many spices in this bumbu. 

After this, I think I am gonna use bumbu pecel more on the other proteins haha.

My older daughter said it is great too. She's loving it. But sadly it's too spicy for her brother. Anyway, this one is perfect for a quick lunch, lunch box or dinner. You can eat it with French fries or rice. Simply delicious!


Komentar

Postingan Populer